Friday, September 28, 2012

Day 15: 9/28/12 - Danke Berlin, Ciao Capri!

Well friends, it took a LOT of really slow walking and wearing my backpack without the hip straps but I made it to Capri. If there is any place to recover this is it.

Capri is a lovely little island off the coast of Naples and from what I have seen so far it is beautiful. Check out the picture below from the port, breathtaking.

Getting here was pretty easy too - flew into Naples, took the Alibus to Molo Beverello and then the quatrefoil fast-speed ferry to Capri. Oh and as a bonus picture, below is also the lady sitting in front of me on the plane. Check out her scrunchie. And shoulder pads. In a knit shirt. I can't make this stuff up.

I got here pretty late in the afternoon and the combination of my stomach/intestines still screaming at me (I had to take meds again, booo) with being exhausted from not having eaten anything except pretzels and water made me know that I had to take it easy today. So I just sat on my sea-facing balcony and read for a while and now am going to go to bed early. Tomorrow will be a day for some exploring and hopefully even some true delicious Italian food and gelato. A girl can dream can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment