Sunday, September 30, 2012

Day 16: 9/29/12 - I <3 Capri

I'm writing this on 9/30 so will be short but had a wonderful day in Capri yesterday! My stomach is still bothering me so I was only up and about for 5 or 6 hours but I made the most of those!

I am staying near the port so when I woke up I took the Funicular (a tram) up the mountain to the main plaza in Capri. Now I know why everyone always says capri is so ritzy - because it is! All the streets surrounding the plaza had designer shops and even the restaurants were super nice and also super pricey. But I figured since I would be having my first real meal in days that I would treat myself.

I ate at this restaurant that Corrin recommended called Aurora. It. Was. Delicious. I tried to take it easy and so just had a little mozzarella appetizer and then half a thin pizza, but even that was a lot for my tummy to handle. the restaurant was also on a cute little side street, see a picture of my view during lunch below.

After that I wandered the town, ambling in and out of shops and eventually started searching for those handmade Capri sandal shops. Not only did I want a pair for myself but I thought it would be the perfect gift for Poops.

There were a couple of shops but I picked the one where I liked the styles the best (I don't have the name handy, I'll add it later). Basically I picked a style and then they handmade the sandals right in front of me! I could pick which leather straps I wanted and they custom fit it to my feet. Which, if you know my hot dog feet, was a deal-maker in itself. Check out a picture below of the guy (cobbler? That doesn't sound meaty enough ...) making my sandals.

The only sad part about this story is that I wasn't able to get a pair for poops. They are quite pricey, which I didn't mind, but I think a lot of the value is being able to custom fit them to your feet, which we obviously wouldn't be able to do for her. Ah, I guess we will just have to come to Capri another time.

After that I grabbed a quick bite of gelato, but only ate a couple spoons because my stomach was still iffy and headed back down the mountain to my hotel.

I spent a couple hours reading on my balcony with a view of the sea, which was great except that I got EATEN ALIVE by Mosquitos. And those who know me know it isn't a pretty sight when that happens. I have bites all over my body and the worst one had swelled up to now 3 inches in diameter and is red, rock hard and hot to the touch. Yummy, I know.

Anyway later that night there were random fireworks over the sea for some reason so those were cool to see and then I went to bed, super popped from such an eventful day. Note the sarcasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment